Disney Store Collections to Celebrate Milestone Anniversaries and Beloved Characters across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars
Pasadena, Calif. — June 20, 2017 – Disney Store today announced the new collections and Limited Edition sets to launch at this year’s D23 Expo 2017, Disney’s ultimate fan event held at the Anaheim Convention Center July 14–16. The never-before-seen collections celebrate milestone anniversaries and everyone’s favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars characters. D23 Expo 2017 attendees will be introduced to the new Disney Designer Collection and get a first look at the newest collections debuting at this year’s event, including exclusive Disney Store pieces from Her Universe, the Art of Snow White collection, MXYZ Vinyl Mini Blind Box Collectibles, and, for the first time ever, a D23 Expo Marvel collection from Disney Store. In addition to the chance to shop special products not yet available to the general public, fans will have the opportunity to meet some of the artists and designers who created these exciting new collections.
Highlights of the collections include:
• Disney Designer Collection: Formerly known as the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection, the Disney Designer Collection takes the classic assortment beyond the fairytale to tell the iconic stories of Disney’s legacy of film history and introduces three series: Fairytale Series, Folktale Series, and Pixar Animation Studios Series. At the event, Guests will have the opportunity to purchase three of the new Limited Edition dolls:
- Fairytale Series: Pinocchio (limited to an edition size of 1,023)
- Folktale Series: Mulan (limited to an edition size of 523)
- Pixar Animation Studios Series: The Incredibles (limited to an edition size of 1,023)
Guests at the event also will have the opportunity to preview and pre-purchase a set of the five Limited Edition dolls releasing at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com September – November (each limited to an edition size of 6,000):
- Fairytale Series: The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Robin Hood
- Folktale Series: Moana, One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Guests at the event also will have the opportunity to preview and pre-purchase a set of the five Limited Edition dolls releasing at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com September – November (each limited to an edition size of 6,000): o Fairytale Series: The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Robin Hood o Folktale Series: Moana, One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Disney•Pixar: In partnership with John Lasseter and the Pixar Animation Studios team, the Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017 will offer a special collection featuring some favorite Pixar characters.
• MXYZ Vinyl Mini Blind Box Collectibles: The newest vinyl blind box collection features eight iconic characters in the Disney Store MXYZ art style—perfect for collecting and trading. Retailing at $5 each, the mini-sized characters come with a key chain attachment to add a pop of fun and personalize accessories, bags, and more.
• Star Wars: Fans won’t have to go to a galaxy far, far away to find an expansive assortment of Star Wars merchandise at D23 Expo 2017. The Disney Store shop will feature Star Wars apparel, accessories, drinkware, and, of course, collectibles. Notable highlights of the assortment are the Limited Edition Star Wars Elite Series Premium Action Figures, featuring iconic Hero and Villain duos: Princess Leia and Darth Vader; Rey and Kylo Ren; and Jyn Erso and Director Orson Krennic. Each duo retails for $79.95 and is limited to an edition size of 1,000.
• Milestone Anniversaries: Disney Store will celebrate three milestone anniversaries at D23 Expo 2017: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit’s 90th, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ 80th, and Bambi’s 75th. Each anniversary will be celebrated with a special assortment. • Disney Tsum Tsum: Disney Tsum Tsum fans will be delighted with a new Limited Edition set released each day. Each unique set will bring Guests’ favorite characters and stories to life through adorable mini and micro Tsum Tsums. • Minnie Mouse Signature Collection: The next product installment of the beloved fashionista Minnie Mouse features a collection of apparel, accessories, and a Limited Edition doll of Minnie, stylish as always. • Marvel: For the first time ever, Disney Store will offer a Marvel collection at D23 Expo. The assortment includes Limited Edition collectibles, including a pin set, lithograph set, and ornament set. • Her Universe: Ashley Eckstein, founder of Her Universe, created exclusive pieces for Disney Store that will be available for the first time at D23 Expo 2017. The never-
• Disney Tsum Tsum: Disney Tsum Tsum fans will be delighted with a new Limited Edition set released each day. Each unique set will bring Guests’ favorite characters and stories to life through adorable mini and micro Tsum Tsums.
• Minnie Mouse Signature Collection: The next product installment of the beloved fashionista Minnie Mouse features a collection of apparel, accessories, and a Limited Edition doll of Minnie, stylish as always. • Marvel: For the first time ever, Disney Store will offer a Marvel collection at D23 Expo. The assortment includes Limited Edition collectibles, including a pin set, lithograph set, and ornament set.
• Marvel: For the first time ever, Disney Store will offer a Marvel collection at D23 Expo. The assortment includes Limited Edition collectibles, including a pin set, lithograph set, and ornament set.
• Her Universe: Ashley Eckstein, founder of Her Universe, created exclusive pieces for Disney Store that will be available for the first time at D23 Expo 2017. The never-before-seen products are featured within the Minnie Signature, Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel collections.
Don’t forget to grab your D23 Expo items made in partnership with D23 and Disney Store, which will feature items created just for the event.
StorePass tickets will be available beginning at 9 a.m. each day at the StorePass desk located adjacent to the StagePass distribution area in Hall A. The StorePass will provide Guests with a shopping experience timeslot, between 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Visit the Things to Know page for more details.
Purchase the latest best-selling books and D23 Expo-exclusive titles in the DCPI Pavilion and the Disney Dream Store, including select titles available for purchase only to D23 Expo attendees before they go on sale to the public this summer, including:
A Kiss Goodnight (Richard Sherman, Floyd Norman)
On sale August 22, 2017
Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation (Mindy Johnson)
On sale September 5, 2017
Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons (Dave Bossert)
On sale August 29, 2017
Art of Coloring: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
On sale July 18, 2017
Want to meet some of the magic makers behind these books? Check out these signings:
Friday, July 14
Alex Hirsch, Rob Renzetti, Stephanie Ramirez, Gravity Falls: Journal 3 (12:30–1:45 p.m., Talent Central)
Daron Nefcy, Dominic Bisignano, Star vs. The Forces of Evil: Star and Marco’s Guide to Mastering Every Dimension (12:30–1:45 p.m., Talent Central)
Pam Brandon, Delicious Disney (3:45–4:45 p.m., Disney Dream Store)
Jessica Fuchs and Steve Thompson, Disney Folktale Series Artists (5 p.m., TBD)
Michael Singer, Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector’s Anthology (5:30–7 p.m., Talent Central)
Mindy Johnson, Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation (6–7 p.m., Disney Dream Store)
Saturday, July 15
Pam Brandon, Delicious Disney (1:15–2:15 p.m., Disney Dream Store)
Ridley Pearson, Kingdom Keepers (4:15–5:15 p.m., Talent Central)
Victoria Saxon, Poster Art of Cars (4:15–5:15 p.m., Talent Central)
Jessica Fuchs and Steve Thompson, Art of Snow White Artists (5:30 p.m., TBD)
Dave Smith, Disney Facts Revealed (6–7 p.m., Talent Central)
Sunday, July 16
Dave Smith, Disney Facts Revealed (10–11 a.m., Talent Central)
Dave Bossert, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons (1–2 p.m., Talent Central)
Marty Sklar, Vanessa Hunt, Maps of the Disney Parks (1:30–2:30 p.m., Talent Central)
Floyd Norman, A Kiss Goodnight (2:30–3:30 p.m., Talent Central)
Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3–9. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3–9. Multi-day tickets are also available. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23expo.com.
To find a local Disney Store, Guests can visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798. Guests can also sign up for email alerts at www.DisneyStore.com/Register, become a fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/DisneyStorewww.facebook.com/DisneyStore, or follow along on Instagram www.instagram.com/DisneyStore and Twitter www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
About Disney Store
The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California, and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; one flagship location in Shanghai, China; and more than 70 Disney Store locations in Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom, plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com, www.disneystore.co.uk, www.disneystore.fr, www.disneystore.de, www.disneystore.se, www.disneystore.dk, www.disneystore.it, www.disneystore.es, and www.disneystore.co.jp. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit dcpi.disney.com/disney-store or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore, www.instagram.com/DisneyStore and http://www.twitter.com/DisneyStorewww.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books and magazines, igniting imagination through storytelling. DPW creates and publishes books and magazines both vertically in-house and through an extensive worldwide licensing structure. Headquartered in Glendale, California, within the Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media business segment, DPW publishes books, magazines, and digital products in 85 countries in 75 languages. For more information, visit disneypublishingworldwide.com.
About D23 Expo 2017
D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more. The event provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities. For the latest D23 Expo 2017 news, visit D23expo.com. Presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change. To join the D23 Expo conversation, be sure to follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube, and use the hashtag #D23Expo.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold and General Membership levels at D23.com and at DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.