After the reveal by James Gunn that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 would be the first Disney film on 4K UHD Blu-Ray, Disney has released the details of the film’s home release. The film will be available on Digital on August 8th and Blu-Ray, 4K UHD Blu-Ray, and DVD on August 22nd. There will be Target exclusives for the 4K and Blu-Ray releases, as well as two Best Buy steelbooks, one that includes the 4K UHD Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray 3D, Blu-Ray, and Digital HD copies.
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.