To commemorate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con (#SDCC2016) Quantum Mechanix is unveiling their 1:6-scale articulated collectible figures of Captain James T. Kirk and Spock. Both figures are part of the QMx Master Series, and feature authentic Star Trek: The Original Series uniforms with simulated leather boots, phasers, communicators, Spock’s tricorder and Kirk’s clipboard. Both figures include multiple hands for a variety of poses.
The Kirk and Spock figures will debut at SDCC this month. The Kirk figure will come with an authentic 1:6-scale phaser rifle and the Spock figure will feature his Vulcan lyre. These exclusive features will be available only at the QMx booth #4145 at SDCC and on the QMx website. A limited number of the figures will be offered each day at SDCC.
If you’re unable to attend SDCC, you can preorder the figures at www.qmxonline.com – priced at $199.95 each. The standard versions of the Kirk and Spock figures will also be available from retailers for $179.95 each.
Here are just a few of the dozens of special features that make these QMx 1:6 Scale Articulated Figures a must for any Trek fan:
- Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figures to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 30 cm tall.
- Realistic Portrait: Lovingly rendered by a top artist. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
- Starfleet Duty Uniform Tunic: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform tunic matches the pattern, fabric and color of the original costume down to the last stitch. The sleeves are trimmed with accurate and detailed braid insignia.
- Starfleet Standard Issue Black T-Shirt: This regulation black tee is worn under the tunic.
- Starfleet Duty Uniform Pants: This faithful replica of the pants worn by the Enterprise crew in Star Trek™: TOS features the characteristic bell-shaped leg. Metal plates sewn into the pants allow the magnetic phaser and communicator to be worn without the belt.
- Boots: Using leather-like material cut in the original style of the footwear worn in Star Trek™: TOS, these boots zip up on the inside.
- Star Trek Delta Symbol Display Base: A custom display base featuring the familiar Star Trek delta symbol will hold up the figure and allow more extreme poses.