AMERICAN HORROR STORY, LEGION, ARCHER, IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA & MAYANS M.C. Brought to Life Through Art and Technology Featuring Augmented Reality and Near Field Communication
Today, FX Networks brought its buzziest and most beloved shows to life with the return of FXhibition to San Diego Comic-Con through an interactive combination of art and technology. Taking center stage once again on the lawn of the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel, FXhibition 2018 integrates Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for the first time as part of the following innovative installations from hit shows such as LEGION, AMERICAN HORROR STORY, MAYANS M.C. and ARCHER:
- “The LEGION Chamber” art instillation: An immersive audiovisual experience commissioned by the internationally-acclaimed Marco Brambilla Studio where participants will find themselves disconnected from the outside world -literally- and fully entrenched in the hypnotic digital realm of David Haller.
- “AMERICAN HORROR STORY Eccentricities Gallery”: A collection of art and oddities inspired by AHS lore and aided by Augmented Reality (AR) technology, which reveals the secrets behind the objects and clues to the series’ upcoming eighth installment.
- MAYANS M.C. Deconstructed Bike Zone: The ultimate photo-op for biker fans. The deconstructed motorcycle is a bold display to introduce Mayans M.C., the highly-anticipated series from Kurt Sutter, creator of Sons of Anarchy. It will also feature a gallery of other acclaimed artists’ takes on the new series, including El Mac, David Flores and Oscar Magallanes.
- ARCHER Sound Boxes: Fans will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get inside the heads of their favorite Archer characters with this whimsical installation by capturing a photo of themselves inside suspended sound boxes adorned with character art. Each sound box features classic sound bites from the show.
- SUNNY The 13th Sunscreen And Water Stations: FX will bring Camp Paddy’s Irish Pub to FXhibition in celebration of the upcoming 13th season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The space will feature playful camp-themed elements including a photo op, sunscreen and water stations.
- FX 3D Me: Any fan can become an FX hero: Just by stepping into a state-of-the-art 360-degree scanner that captures your picture from all angles, you’ll be transported into a digital art piece from your favorite show. Participating fans will also have an opportunity to get a physical 3D figurine model of themselves.
- Thursday, July 19th, 12 pm – 6 pm
- Friday, July 20th, 10 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, July 21st, 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday, July 22nd, 10 am – 2 pm
ABOUT FX NETWORKS
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video-on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 90 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Taboo, Legion and Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD: Bette and Joan and the upcoming Trust; and acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. In 2016, FX received a basic cable record 56 Emmy® Award nominations and a basic cable record 18 wins, including 9 for The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 85 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award-winning comedy series Archer, You’re the Worst and the upcoming untitled Marvel’s Deadpool animated comedy series. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 55 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming.