Second Union is a website (and soon a podcast) devoted to pop culture and entertainment news, reviews and interviews! We work hard to bring you information and updates regarding your favorite pop culture and genre fare. We strive to offer original content and points of view you won’t find anywhere else. Our goal is to inform, educate and (hopefully) entertain. If you’ve learned something new, or we’ve brought a smile to your face, our work is done! We’d be honored to be added to your list of favorite pop culture/entertainment links.
What does Second Union mean to us? Quite simply, a place to belong. We’re everyday people, just like you, with jobs, families, and hectic schedules, who enjoy pop culture! Our interests include movies, television, video games, comic books & graphic novels, music, toys & collectibles. The basic fabric of our collective experience.
We’ve added easily to navigate categories at the top of the page, here’s a comprehensive list of how they all breakdown:
In Technicolor: Movies and Television.
Insert Coin(s): Video Games, Collectibles, and Toys.
Spinner Rack: Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Books.
Comic Cons: Comic, Pop Culture or Entertainment Conventions.
Rewind: Anything Retro, Vintage or Old School.
Mixtape: Music Related.
Assorted Flavors: Anything Else.
We invite you to take a look around, bookmark our website and connect with us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) to stay up to date.
If you’d like to show your support for Second Union, there are now two ways you can do that – become a Patreon supporter: http://bit.ly/2Upatron or make a purchase from our online shop: http://bit.ly/2Utees
Stay tuned, there is so much more to come!
– Founder, Creative Director and Editor in Chief.
Jeff Andrews is an Oregon native. A graphic designer by trade, Jeff grew up on a healthy diet of 70’s pop culture: Star Trek, Star Wars, The Six Million Dollar Man, Shazam!, Batman, Super Friends, and the like. He’s a collector of vintage comics, albums, cameras, board games and other pop culture related paraphernalia. Jeff can be found on Twitter
, and Facebook
– Co-Founder, Art Director and Senior Editor.
Karma Savage is a creative and tech by trade and geek year round. 80% of her time is spent sharing resourceful knowledge through social media. Reads Spawn, Mars Attack, and The Walking Dead. Her favorite movies are Saturday Night Fever and The Planet of the Apes. She also enjoys outdoor concerts, gaming, and comic/pop culture conventions. Follow her on Twitter
– Born and raised in Southern California, Jamel Singleton is a lifelong kid-at-heart with a passion for fantasy novels, movies, TV, and video games. It was his overwhelming love of video games which prompted Jamel to co-create a gaming blog for the local paper. Eventually blogging led to a podcast, and podcasting led to him becoming a Contributing Editor for Second Union.
Currently, Jamel resides in Surprise, Arizona, when not working as a Design Director—or geeking out for Phoenix Comicon, he and his wife Maria are expertly raising two nerd savvy teens. You can follow Jamel on Twitter
– Senior Editor.
During her free time when she’s not playing video games, she’s researching game strategies or developing a backstory for her thousandth character. Her favorite MMO is currently Final Fantasy XIV. Her favorite movies are Kill Bill I and II, Max Max: Fury Road, and just about everything directed by Tim Burton. Follow her on Twitter
is the author and co-author of more than 20 books about nostalgic pop culture, including THE GREEN HORNET: A HISTORY OF RADIO, COMICS, MOTION-PICTURES AND TELEVISION, and THE TWILIGHT ZONE: UNLOCKING THE DOOR TO A TELEVISION CLASSIC. Martin heads a number of preservation projects and is the winner of numerous awards for his efforts. He is the editor of the bi-monthly RADIO RECALL and frequent author of magazine articles throughout the year for FILMFAX, RADIOGRAM, and many others.
was born in the Chicagoland area and has been watching movies for as long as he can remember. Raised on Pixar, Star Wars, and Cartoon Network, he turned out just fine and is probably watching Game of Thrones as you are reading this. He enjoys collecting Funko POP!s in his spare time and is a proud member of both Hufflepuff and House Stark. Follow him on Twitter
most commonly referred to as RJ
is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. She is a wife, mom, graphic designer, makeup enthusiast and most importantly a nerd at heart. Super heroes, zombies and an occasional apocalypse are all things that make her heart flutter. She loves being in front of the camera and has never met a stranger. RJ can be found on Twitter
is a Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Modern age comic book aficionado. A Classic Sci-Fi, Pulp, and Fantasy movie and literature enthusiast. A fan of all things Hanna-Barbera. An avid listener of 70’s and 80’s music, a regular player of Heroclix, and a father of 3. On the lighter side, he’s currently writing his Ph.D. dissertation in Health Psychology.
– TV/Movie Contributor.
Josh hails from the beating heart of The Black Country, England. His interests include watching and studying the movie-making process. As a married, father of one, his time is mostly spent between watching children’s TV, Soaps and the occasional classic Wrestling PPV. Josh’s dream is to one day become a Movie Producer. You can follow Josh on Twitter/Facebook/Wordpress/Stardust by searching for his adopted moniker, Reffing Movies
– I thought Svengali was a real person…I mix up Atilla the Hun and Ghengis Khan…I like monster movies & popcorn…Fluent in Idioms…A Mrs. and maker of food, fabric, plants, pictures, and people…I draw for a living…Really.
– Corporate in-house graphic designer by day; nerd the rest of the time. Lover of The Analog: Polaroid cameras, instant film, pen, and paper. Likes: A good cup of tea, comics, science-fiction, Douglas Adams, giant robots, regular-sized robots, Copic pens and markers, LEGO, bicycles, badges/buttons/pins, Pizza Day, Star Wars, and cookies. (Not necessarily in that order, except for the tea thing- that’s always first.) You can follow Brian on Instagram
– Mother of three daughters, movie buff, and gamer geek. An Oregonian sweltering in the southern California sun. Follow Lisa on Twitter
(more to come!)